Fairbanks International Airport (FAI) has prepared the FAI Eastside Master Plan Update, with the help of DOWL, an airport planning firm. The Master Plan maps out a 20-year plan for airport development. Some critical questions the plan addressed for FAI’s Eastside area included:
- How should tie downs, taxilanes and supporting infrastructure be configured on the East Ramp, which is slated for resurfacing in 2020?
- What changes are needed to minimize incursions by pedestrians, passengers, vehicles, and aircraft?
- What other safety improvements are needed for aircraft taxiing to the runways and waterlanes?
- Where should additional lease lots be provided and what taxiway, road and utilities infrastructure is needed?
- What types of amenities are needed (aircraft wash, pilots lounge, food service, fueling) and where should they be located?
- Should Runway 2R/20L be upgraded for use by air carriers during snow removal and major maintenance of Runway 2L/20R?
- What improvements are needed for vehicles and pedestrians?
Seaplane Base (click to enlarge image)
Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
FAIRBANKS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT